Story of vaileth from Don Bosco

   
My name is Vaileth Mathew coming from Tabora region. I was born in Nzega district. I lived with my parents. I started primary school at Kitongo primary school and reached in standard three. Two years later I lost my father who died because of a heart attack and one year later my mother also passed away. I was taken by a certain women whose husband was not at home this time, because he had to work. When he came back he wanted his wife to give explanation about me. She told her husband that I was the daughter of her friend who had passed away. Her husband told her I should leave immediately because he was not ready to live in the house with someone else’s child. She gave me the information and asked me, Where will you go?

She advised me to find a job as a house girl. During that time I was still very young to face the challenges linked with that kind of job. Fortunately a friend of this family came to Tabora with the aim of looking for a house girl. I agreed to go to Dar es Salaam with him and work for her getting 15,000=Tzh per month.(less than $15) The following day we started our journey to Dar es Salaam. We arrived at Ubungo bus terminal in the evening. She asked me to wait for her, while she went somewhere.

I waited for her until 20:00 pm without seeing her. I knew that I had already been cheated. Then another lady came, who asked me where I was coming from, what my name is and the whereabouts of my parents. I told her that I was new in this city and that I came from Nzega district, in Tabora region and that both, my father and my mother passed away, my father died because of a heart attack and my lovely mother died in an accident.
She helped me by sending me to the police where they gave me a letter and told me to bring it to the responsible government office i.e. Community Development. When I reached there, they also gave me a letter which introduced me to the Friends of Don Bosco Orphanage Center where I got help.

Vaileth Mathew

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »